.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Onward Bound

Sometimes life is tough. Sometimes life is awesome. Sometimes it a little bit of both. Either way, you have to keep going. I'll be running, laughing, crying and sharing it all here.

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 06, 2008

    Ding Dong. Is Gertie home?

    I learned something about Gertie today.

    She gets on the couch when I'm not home.

    Oh wait. I knew that.

    It turns out, Gertie has had company over.

    And she didn't' tell me?

    Today when I went home at lunch to let her out (yes, she was on the couch), I ran into the maintenance man. Actually, Gertie got to him first as she was about half a flight ahead of me up the stairs. She seemed to know him, but she seems to know everyone. Apparently he knows her though. And so does his daughter. He told me he had been over several times to fix things or check on leaks with his daughter (maybe 6 or 7 years old?) and she just loves Gertie.

    This doesn't surprise me because I think she's pretty lovable. It just makes me laugh to imagine Gertie having people drop by when I'm not home. Does she offer them a drink? Give them a tour? Show them her toys? Most likely, she rolls on her back for a belly rub.

    Oh, and it's a good thing I trust my apartment complex staff.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home